Hydraulic Service Company was founded in 1957. While working out of Short Brother’s Sinclair Gas Station in Portsmouth, Virginia, they realized a specific market for repairing jacks. Soon after, Hydraulic Service was born. They operated from there shop at 226 East Ocean Drive (Now known as Military Highway) in Chesapeake from 1958 to 1962, and as business increased the company moved to 3104 Victory Boulevard in 1962.
In 1972 Hydraulic Service expanded by opening a fully equipped machine shop just down Victory Boulevard from the main store. The company moved into its current location, a 20,000 square foot building adjacent to its machine shop at 3215 Victory Boulevard, in 1987. Today, Hydraulic Service Company, Inc., carries over 150 product lines, and services customers from Richmond to the Outer Banks and beyond.